Buchu Tea is made from a flowering medicinal plant called Agathosma Betulina, native to the western parts of South Africa.
Buchu Tea Benefits:
- Treats digestive problems
- Treats kidney infections
- Treats urinary tract infections
- Helps with weight loss
- Treats gout, arthritis and rheumatism
- Good source of vitamins A, B, C and E
- Flushes out harmful toxins from the body
- Helps with stomach cramps and period pains
- Relieves stomach ailments, nausea, diarrhoea and flatulence
This local indigenous herbal plant was used by the original inhabitants of the Cape of Good Hope centuries ago. In the later years various herbalists used Buchu Leaf to treat urinary tract and prostate inflammation.
The King’s 1898 Dispensatory described Buchu Leaf as an aromatic stimulant and tonic.
Buchu Leaf is caffeine free with a strong but pleasant aroma and taste, with the smell and taste of Buchu described as spicy, resembling black currant, but also reminiscent of a mixture between rosemary and peppermint
Traditionally used to help support inflammation, bladder irritations and infections, stomach disorders and more.